Updated: Employment of Foreign Workers in Malaysia is permitted in Manufacturing, Construction, Service, Plantation and Agriculture.
Established in the year 1989, our experienced manpower recruitment agency consists of experts who can assist you with the following:
- Documentation (adhering to the rules as defined by the Govt of Malaysia and Immigration Department)
- Application Process
- Approval letter from the Ministry of Home Affairs [KDN Quota Approval]
Source Countries: Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia, Nepal, Vietnam, Myanmar and India.
How to apply for foreign worker quota in Malaysia
Kementerian Dalam Negeri (Ministry of Home Affairs) also called KDN is the prime authority for foreign workers approval to live and work in Malaysia.
If you want to employ foreign workers, you can apply for their Work Permits online. You can check the status of your application online.
Our Expertise in New Foreign Worker Quota Approvals:
- Approval for foreign workers
- General Workers for Hotels, Restaurant, Malls, Super Markets, Hospital, Condominium, Golf Courses, Race Course, Ware House.
- Housekeeping staff for Bed and Breakfast, Hotels, Golf Resorts.
- Factory Workers for Manufacturing Industries.
- Semi-Skilled and Skilled Industrial Workers for Infrastructure Projects, Big Industrial Houses and Manufacturing Industries.
- Plantation Workers to work in Palm Oil fields and other related to the plantation.
- Agricultural Workers to work in fields for cultivation of Vegetables, Fruits, and other related.
- Manufacturing industry like production operator, General Labour.
- Security Guards most importantly Nepali security Personnel(the Trusted Security officers around the world).
- Approval for Professional Visa (DP10, DP11)
Looking for assistance on How to Apply for New Quota for Foreign Workers in Malaysia?
We assist you in Documentation & Application for New Quota Approval from Kementerian Dalam Negeri, KDN / immigration for Foreign workers.Get in touch with us Now!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What sectors allowed to employ foreign workers?
How much is the levy payment for each approved worker?
A: The levy payment rate for each approved worker varies according to sector.
After obtaining approval, the employer must make levy payment according to the following rates:
(i) Manufacturing sector RM 1,850
(ii) Construction sector RM 1,850
(iii) Plantation sector RM 640
(iv) Agriculture sector RM 640
(v) Services sector
(a) Restaurant (Cooks) RM 1,850
(b) Cleaning and Sanitation RM 1,850
(c) Resort Islands RM 1,850
What are the approved source countries for foreign workers?
A: Approved Foreign Worker Source Countries:
7. Sri Lanka
Are workers from India allowed to work in the manufacturing sector?
No, Indian workers are allowed to work only in the Service sector (Restaurant), Construction sector (high tension cables), Agriculture sector and Plantation sector.
Are Male workers from Indonesia allowed to work in the manufacturing sector?
No, Male workers from Indonesia are allowed to work in all sectors except the Manufacturing sector, while female workers from Indonesia are allowed to work in all sectors.
What is the duration taken to obtain a decision on an application?
A complete application that satisfies all the conditions stipulated in the checklist will be processed and a decision given on the same day.
When does an employer need to make the levy payment and how?
The employer whose foreign worker application has been approved will receive approval certification and must make the levy payment within 48 hours of the date of approval. Payment should be made in the form of a bank draft in the name of Ketua Pengarah Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia.
What are the sectors allowed if an employer recruits foreign workers from outsourcing companies?
Outsourcing companies in Malaysia have been abolished effective 31 March 2019.
Are foreign workers allowed to work as cashiers?
No. Foreign workers are not allowed to work as front-line workers.
What are the criteria in determining the number of foreign workers allowed?
Approval for the intake of foreign workers is given based on the actual requirement of the employer/company.
Which division handles applications for intake of foreign workers?
The Foreign Worker Management Division is the secretariat of the Foreign Worker One-Stop Approval Agency which was established to handle applications for intake of foreign workers for sectors that have been approved following the employer’s failure to secure local workers.
Why is Foreign Worker One-Stop Approval Agency Established?
The establishment of the Foreign Worker One-Stop Approval Agency is in line with the aspiration of the government to practice good corporate governance as well as to reduce bureaucracy, and subsequently enhance the quality of service delivery to the people.
The Foreign Worker Management Division is headed by an undersecretary and comprises four units:
* Application and Processing Unit.
* Policy and Bilateral Negotiation Unit.
* Inspection, Complaint and Outsourcing Unit.
* Information System and Administration Unit.
How to Employ a Foreign Worker in Malaysia?
As an Employer, If you are interested to Employ a foreign worker then you should apply for Visa with Reference (VDR).
Starting from February 2017, Employers can apply online via Foreign Workers Integrated Management System (ePPAx)
Are you looking to legalize Illegal Foreign worker under Program Rekalibrasi?